Pokemon Special vol 09 raw V2 (changes naming convention and dpi)
Pokemon Special vol 10 raw
Pokemon Special vol 11 raw
Pokemon Special vol 12 raw
Pokemon Special vol 13 raw
Pokemon Special vol 14 raw
Pokemon Special vol 15 raw
Now, when I brought up the example of costing $300 to import all of volumes, I was just talking about the monetary cost of even getting the raw. If you assume that translating one chapter takes 2-4 hours, translating 270 chapters will take...forever.
It's true that if I were to try to restore them, I don't have to clean or even translate these, since I could just copy over the Chuang Yi translations. However, since I already have a lot of other projects, I am not going to do them myself. Nevertheless, if there are lots of volunteers, I could help mentor a separate group dedicated to doing these 18 volumes. What about 28 and 29? Let's finish 9-27 first, then we'll talk.
What is the job?
You copy over the Chuang Yi translations to the Japanese raw. It's that simple. You might have to do some clone stamping and copying over Pokedex entries from emulators (that's how I "translate" the Pokedex entries for DP), but we're ignoring sound effects for the sake of efficiency.
Seriously, the only tools you'll use are:
- text tool (T)
- rectangular select tool (M)
- lasso tool (L)
- bucket tool (G)
- clone stamp (Alt-S, S) or maybe spot healing (J) if it's simple enough
- You have Photoshop and you have opened it at least once. You could also use Paint.NET, Gimp, etc. but I only remember how use Photoshop now, so I may not be able to help you.
As an upstanding citizen, I encourage you to buy--wait, who am I kidding, just pirate the damn thing if you don't have it. Well, I don't know if that portable version can receive updates, so just look on TPB if you want the full version (or a version that can work with x64).
- Lots of free time. I estimate that each chapter may take 5 hours at the very start, but it should accelerate once you get used to it.
- Tolerate repetition. As a CS major, I just love repeating myself, but think carefully if you have the perseverance to last 270 chapters. Well, it's obviously going to be less than 270 if there are more than one team member, but 135 chapters, 90 chapters, 62 chapters are still large sums. Consider that I've only made 90 releases in the past 6 months, not counting the 20 scripts for Kaibutsu Oujo.