Insert Trumpets Here

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pokemon Special ch 404 (chapter not found), vol 36; November and December schedules

Ah, well, all winning streaks have to come to an end sometime, especially when I have to revert all of the pages in 395-398 with no denoise.

Since I have limited storage on 4shared, I won't upload the chapter there, and I'll eventually remove all of the chapters. The 2400p volume is more than the 200MB limit, so I won't upload it there.

Pokemon Special ch 404 2400p (IF)
Pokemon Special ch 404 2400p (MU)

Pokemon Special ch 404 1200p (IF)
Pokemon Special ch 404 1200p (MU)

Pokemon Special ch 404 PSD source (IF)
Pokemon Special ch 404 PSD source (MU)

I removed denoising for almost every page in 395-398. Furthermore, I'm trying out a new fix for the bane of my existence, CDisplay(Ex). They apparently have a problem with displaying indexed images that have an alpha channel. Considering that it's the only viewer that has this defect, I would like to say: FUCK YOU. Even default Windows picture viewer works fine with them.

Pokemon Special vol 36 2400p (IF)
Pokemon Special vol 36 2400p (MU)

Pokemon Special vol 36 1200p (IF)
Pokemon Special vol 36 1200p (MU)
Pokemon Special vol 36 1200p (4SH)

Like volume 33, the batch PSD source is too large to be uploaded, and I'm too lazy to write a script to diff/patch everything, so just download the chapter sources. I just turned off a few layers to revert the denoising.

Anyways, volume 37 will be out in late November and will be translated in late December. I'm now confident enough to publish the schedule for the next two months:


November 2010 December 2010
Slot 1 Cyber Blue vol 4 [END] (180 pages / 2.5 weeks = 72 pages / week) Kindaichi vol 38 (Legendary Vampire Murders) (150 pages left / 1.5 weeks = 100 pages / week) Mudazumo Naki Kakikaku vol 5 (200 pages / 2 weeks = 100 pages / week) Pokemon Special vol 37 (200 pages / 2 weeks = 100 pages / week)
Slot 2 Noririn ch 9-12 (100 pages / 2.5 weeks = 40 pages / week)
Slot 3 Ryoshka Ryoshka (overdue chapters) (12 pages / week)
Running Series Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan (36 pages / month = 9 pages / week)
?????? ?????????????? ?? and ????? ????? scripts (40 pages / week)
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan (36 pages / month = 9 pages / week)
?????? ?????????????? ?? and ????? ????? scripts (40 pages / week)
Kaibutsu Oujo vol 13 scripts (40 pages / week)
Total Average Workload 173 pages / week 161 pages / week 201 pages / week 201 pages / week

This chart doesn't really show how much work each page requires, on a scale of "spread with nothing on it" to "Kindaichi page with tons of text and sound effects".

The theme for next month will definitely be "cleaning up after myself"; I'll finish off Cyber Blue, catch up with Noririn (all of the chapters I have, at least), and reach a "save point" for Kindaichi. I would like to continue, but Kindaichi is a really hard manga to translate and edit. I'll have to have tons of free time before diving into the next cases, which are all two-volumes long.

The workload for the joint projects with Animexis are still unknown, so it's just an estimate. I submitted my first script to them a week ago, and Kanapox, the Animexis leader, just told me that they just finished cleaning it and will typeset and release next week. I assume that it's going to be a weekly thing, like Kaibutsu Oujo, except that it cycles between the two series. The good thing is that the projects only have 5-10 chapters out right now, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, the purpose of all of this is to deflate my workload (you really can't see it in the charts, heh), and clear the way for the new series. If /a/nonymous scanlations is a country, then it just experienced 266% hyperinflation in the last few months, from 3 to 11 series. I don't regret any of them, but I have to at least keep it in check by catching up with most of them. Of course, completely new series that I don't have to catch up are even better, so Young Ace's 7o3x, Dragon Age's Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi and good! Afternoon's Demon 72 (written by Kaibutsu Oujo's author) seem tempting.

Also, since my enemy has tightened his diabolical grip on the top suggestion from when I was accepting recommendations, I can now reveal the top winners of the recommendations. Since my efficiency depends on how I like the series, I didn't judge them objectively. No hard feelings, eh:
  1. Greed Packet Unlimited (re-picked up by Taruby after 500 days)
  2. Mardock Scramble
  3. Cloth Road (picked up by Webcity)
  4. Thermae Romae
  5. I am a Hero (picked up by Gantz_waitingroom and Mango Scans)
  6. Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (supposed to be picked up)
  7. Rabuyan
  8. Sumire 16-sai and Sumire 17-sai
  9. Yondemasu yo, Azazeru-san
  10. Jiya
  11. Teizokurei Monophobia
  12. Deus X Machina (picked up by Riceballicious)
Four of the top six got picked up in a span of a week, so you can see why I was panicking.

Greed Packet Unlimited was the top one because I just happened to like it, despite its generic magic action. Its scanlator, Taruby, just picked it back up after almost 1.5 years of waiting for raws from his scanner. Mardock Scramble is likely to eventually get picked up next year because its first movie (out of three) is releasing in a week:



Cloth Road is pretty cool, and I would've picked it up, if not for the 8 overdue volumes. It seems to be in capable hands now, so check it out. Other series are worth a look as well.

16 comments:

  1. Daang... that is a LOT of pages per week. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because the word universe starts with a consonant sound, you'd use 'a' instead of 'an'. Not trying to be a dick, just throwing it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's why pro translators need to be very good at whatever language they're translating to. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to update PSRP anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not this weekend, I'm too busy with midterms. In the future, I'll assign entire blocks, so this won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, well, I guess I can look at the chapters, but if Espeon finishes the last chapter of volume 9, I won't be able to get the volume out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On page 14, there's an untranslated speech bubble, and on page 186, you forgot the word "sure" in Candice's line "But, on the other hand, are you [sure] that wasn't a dream?"
    You're an excellent scanlator, working at this high a quality this quickly, just don't forget to look over each finished product that extra time :D. Thank you so much for doing this manga!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, though I wish someone told me about page 14 before

    ReplyDelete
  9. *would have told me

    Damn, my biggest typo problems are caused by omission.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sumire 16 sai is already being done by this guy called hobo-1 so there's no point for you to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what? He doesn't register it on MangaUpdates. That's great, I guess. (Well, bad for the pages, but it's at least getting released)

    ReplyDelete
  12. On page 186, Maylene says "More important that that..."

    Is it supposed to be "More important than that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. They say that misery comes in threes. Why yes, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, taking the volume release. ♥

    ReplyDelete