Insert Trumpets Here

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1

Time for a little break from Pokemon Special. It won't be too long, I promise.

This was a surprise to me as well. This little-known LN series has been on my radar for quite a while now, but as a mere manga scanlator, I just don't have the firepower to translate light novels, especially 10 of them. Well, somehow, it just got adapted to a manga without me noticing. The next thing you're going to tell me is that there's a live action movie coming out in a few months! ...Wait. Damn, I'm really behind on this.

Anyways, this light novel series (Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan) is about Mii-kun and Maa-chan, who were kidnapped as children. As a result, Maa-chan is broken, childlike, and yandere for Mii-kun. Just how much on a scale of 1 to Yuno? Listen to the image album for yourself:



The twist to this is that the narrator, Mii-kun, lies frequently, both to other characters and the readers. As a result, the story itself gets distorted.

That's enough spoilers for now, though I haven't gotten very far in the LN either. This blog post has a more detailed summary.

Anyways, the downside of this fine manga adaptation is that it's serialized in the accursed Young Ace. As my request to the Chinese scanlator (whose work I based this release off of) for the Japanese raw is yet to be answered, the translation may be a bit worse than usual. The raw is remarkably good, that's true.

Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1 (MF)

Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1 (MU)
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1 (IF)

Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1 PSD source (MF)
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1 PSD source (MU)
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan ch 1 PSD source (IF)

Like I stated before, I would be willing to pay a small fee (about $10, negotiable) for anyone who can provide me running raws for this series. It seems that all of the series I want are on that damn magazine...

Edit: Oh, and this isn't the new series that's going to take up the empty slot. Since I've actually caught up by translating one of one chapter out right now, this will only take 30 pages a month, which is quite inexpensive. Keep the suggestions coming!

Speaking of Young Ace, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is hereby dropped, because the anime is about to air in 12 hours or so. I've seen a few cam shots on /a/, but nothing resembling a complete raw. Whatever, just watch the anime. If it's any consolation, here are 3 new trailers:





4 comments:

  1. looks really good! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really LOVED his story! It is remarkable! Mii and Mayu are such intriguing and interesting characters. I wish I could read the light novel =0(. It's been a while since I read a good manga of this type(aside from "Tsumu to Batsu" by Ochiai Naoyuki, which is awesome too, in a different way =03). So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for translating this excellent manga \(^,^)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for translating this!
    I read this and loved the story, I would love to see how the characters will evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for translating/scanlating this!!
    I think its fascinating! I cant wait for the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete