Insert Trumpets Here

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space)

This series needs a bit of background. Hoshi Shin'ichi is a sci-fi writer famous for his really short fiction works. He produced hundreds of "short short stories" from the 1960s until his death in 1997. The short stories have been adapted to various short TV fillers and finally a manga series from 2001 to 2004. A week ago, the magazine Mystery Bonita announced that it was going to resume the series in November after 7 years of hiatus.

As you'll find, the shorts vary quite a bit. I want to say that his style reminds me of Rod Serling's, but only certain chapters, such as "Fate" and "Wonderful Life" share the Twilight Zone feel. Here's the TV adaptation of "Wonderful Life":



This chapter, "The Gate to Space," is fairly different from that. Personally, I think it's my favorite, and not (just) due to its artist. That's why I chose to translate this chapter first. The stories are all unrelated, so order doesn't matter anyways.

My pacing for this series will be fairly slow in these two months, because I don't want to go back on the schedule that I posted, but I'll definitely finish all 18 chapters in this year. I'd be up for a joint project if some other group wants to do one.

My raws are currently unavailable because I'm manually scanning this, but I think I've seen this volume or the other one get uploaded onto Share early this year.

Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) 2400p (IF)
Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) 2400p (MU)
Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) 2400p (MF)

Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) 1200p (IF)
Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) 1200p (MU)
Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) 1200p (MF)

Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) PSD source (IF)
Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) PSD source (MU)
Comic Hoshi Shin'ichi ch 11 (The Gate to Space) PSD source (MF)

3 comments:

  1. I like Hoshi Shinichi so I'll give it a try... Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod Serling, you say? Yessssssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bottom of page 8, "I don't have to time to hang out with people like him." should be "I don't have THE time to hang out with people like him."

    ReplyDelete