- Pokemon Special: Shogaku Yonensei (along with Corocoro Ichiban and Pokemon Fan, but I think Black and White is only on Yonensei) (monthly)
- Noririn: Evening (biweekly)
- Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku: Kindai Mahjong (biweekly)
- Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan: Young Ace (monthly)
Keeping in mind that the typical manga magazine issue is around 800-1000 pages long and weighs approximately 1-2 kg (Young Ace issues weigh 1.5 kg), the current importation options are:
- bk1: I use it to import volumes. The fastest shipping options are EMS, OCS and FedEx, but it has other, less efficient shipping methods (see 4, 5, 6). bk1 DOES NOT have Shogaku Yonensei, though it has Evening, Kindai Mahjong and Young Ace.
- HMV: Uses EMS, but only has Young Ace.
- MangaOh: Uses EMS, but doesn't have Shogaku Yonensei.
- fujisan: It has all of them at inexpensive prices ($17-$20 / issue)...but they haven't delivered yet. Subscriptions seem to take a month or two to start. This is the best choice if they actually pull through.
- Amazon Japan: It's a reliable source that has everything, but the base shipping price for shipping to North America is 3000 yen (US$37). Nevertheless, additional items only cost 300 yen, so it's ideal for simultaneous purchases of more than two issues.
That's all I know right now from importing issues of Young Ace, which is costing lots of money, but that's unimportant to me, because it's a great magazine. If the joint projects with Animexis works out and we build up some trust, I might be able to rely on Kanapox (their leader and scanner) for Young Ace scans instead, since they import it as well.
If you know any cheaper options, please tell me, I'm more than happy to spend my (or your) money in a more efficient manner.
Anyways, back to the topic of the post, if you are a fan of Pokemon Special, Noririn, or Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku, and have disposable income to spare ($20-40 / issue, depending on the shipping method and shop), you're more than welcome to negotiate some sort of deal with me. However, I prefer to cut up the raw and scan it myself so I can manage the quality, so the magazine will come to me. I can scan and upload other series in the magazine, as long as it isn't the entire issue.
If you can only spare part of the money, but want me to subscribe anyways, try commenting below. A few donors contributing $5 per month is fine as well, as long as I don't lose too much money.
In other news, Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku is coming out with an anthology in December called Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku: Dainiji Kaikaku (Reform without Wasted Draws: Second Reform). I think it's going to be an anthology of side stories, but I'm not sure. I'll probably put that off until January, delaying Route 225 by two weeks or so.